Floresville

Floresville is located on part of the Juan and Simon Arocha Spanish land grant, which was granted in 1782. When these gentlemen died their heirs broke the land up into 8 tracts. Jose Maria Flores bought 3/4 of tract 7 located on the east side of the San Antonio River. Nemencio de la Zerda purchased 1/3 of this land and Lodi was established on his land. After Jose Maria Flores' death his daughter, Josefa Flores Barker donated some of the land to Wilson County so that the county could have a county seat.  Floresville, the county seat was named for this family (Jose Maria Flores). Floresville became the county seat in 1872. A one-story courthouse was built on present day Third Street where the District Judge’s office is today.

Mayors of Floresville



Contact the Webmaster@wilsoncountyhistory.org with comments regarding this site.  

© Copyright, Wilson County Historical Society, All rights reserved

© WCHS 2015